Saturday 7 July 2007

Just the two of us

I'm supposed to be writing about a wonderful afternoon dad and I had as out first father and son adventure. But seeing this is not a work of fiction, I better tell you what really happened.

Mum went off to the shops and after a briefing that would make an army general proud, dad was armed with a bottle and a bib and sent onto the frontline.

I battled most of the afternoon. I wasn't really hungry, and even though I was tired, I chose not to sleep, I decided to cry and cry.

I think dad had visions of us doing blokey things the first time we were left on our own. you know, talk cars and footy. But we spent most of the afternoon at the cot, trying to get some sleep.

Of all the scenarios mum gave dad, the one with me not sleeping at all didn't rate a mention.

Dad went through the 'grumble list', a change of nappy, a burp and some milk from the bottle, but nothing seemed to work. He picked me up, threw me over his shoulder, and I fell asleep. Maybe I just wanted a cuddle!

Mum came home to find us sitting on the couch watching the footy.

After a few days of long sleeps I've reverted to the days of only napping for two hours at a time. This has not met with the same approval as the longer sleeps.

No comments:

My life in pictures