Wednesday 18 July 2007

Stay close

Last night I found it hard to get to sleep. I would only stop crying if I was being held by mum or dad. I wasn't hungry. I wasn't gassy. I think I may have been a little lonely.

I'd wake up and dad would pick me up and settle me back to sleep in his arms. He'd put me back in my bassinet and I'd wake up, and we'd go through the whole process again. After three or four of these episodes (it's hard to keep an accurate count at two o'clock in the morning) dad tried lying in bed with me draped over his tummy. I went out like a light. Unfortunately, with a baby lying on top of him, dad didn't get a very good sleep, so he woke up mum at about four and she let me lie spread eagle on her tummy.

In the morning I woke up full of beans, cooing and ahhing, mum and dad didn't!

No comments:

My life in pictures