Tuesday 17 July 2007

What on earth was that all about?

Today started like the other 64 days I've been alive. I woke up, I had a feed, I got changed, we had a bit of a play. Buut none of the other days had the bit where a lady jabs me on the leg with a sharp needle!

I should have known something was up when I got a lot more cuddles than usual when I woke up. Dad and I had a great time playing, and he stayed at home longer than he usually does (another clue), then we went for a ride in the car, and it was only 9 o'clock. I was thinking this day couldn't get any better.

I was right.

Bang. Bang. Bang. Three injections.

I wailed. Mum cried. Even dad had a tear in his eye as he watched me get my vaccinations. Sure, they told me it was for my own good, but they weren't the ones getting stabbed in the leg! They got flu shots in their arms. I gave dad a look that was half 'owww!' and half 'get me outta here dad!', but he didn't. He couldn't. He felt terrible that I didn't understand what was going on.

So we all came home nursing aching bits, and the doctor told mum to be prepared for a grumpy baby. I fell asleep not long after the ordeal ended. I was already tired, and all the crying made me lose energy. When I woke up three hours later, I put on a brave face and played with mum. She gave me some nice comfort feeds, and we had a really good day. No whinging, no fevers, I'm back to normal.

Mum and dad think I'm very brave. And I think I have to be, there's more injections in a few weeks' time...

No comments:

My life in pictures