Friday 22 August 2008

Bye grandma and grandad

We got up very early this morning to go to the airport to see off grandma and grandad. They are going to New Guinea for a few months and so we thought we'd see them off.

I've never been to an airport before, there was a lot to look at, and lots of people. Probably too many peoplem because I got a little bit shy and did not want to leave dad's arms under any circumstances. Even hugs with grandad and grandma didn't last very long, I kept asking for dad. I'm a pretty social little fella, but sometimes you just gotta have your dad.

Oh yeah, it may have had something to do that I was still wearing my PJs! Yep, here I was on my first visit to the Brisbane International Airport, and I'm wearing sleepwear. It's because we hit traffic and had to make a mad dash from the car to the depature lounge, and I was the only one who couldn't dress himself.

Grandad had a hat on, and I thought that was very good. We bonded over his headwear.

Just as they were about to go through Customs I decided to give grandma a cuddle and everyone sighed with relief...

After they flew off we flew to the shops...And I scored some new shoes. New Chuck Taylors! They're too big for me now, but they were on a 'buy two' sale and mum got some so it made sense for me to chuck a pair of Chucks in the cupboard for later on...

No comments:

My life in pictures