Saturday 30 August 2008

da dog

Dad was back into the garden today, and I set up shop at the front window - knocking on it and yelling out 'da'.

I can say 'mum' and 'dad' but usually out of context - so when mum heard me saying 'da' and pointing at dad, she was quite excited. She called out to him, and he came over and we all celebrated. He says he felt quite proud.

Later on we went over to Andy and Wendy's place for tea. They've got a dog called Max. Max usually goes outside when I come over - but tonight she came back in after tea and was lying on the floor just under the couch I was sitting on. She's pretty placid (unlike grandma's dog who I'm sure is out to get me) and I was able to crawl over and pat her. I giggled with every little pat, and had to be reminded to 'be gentle'. Max rolled over onto her back and wanted a tummy rub, so I did my best canine massage. I was smart enough not to pull her big floppy ears, because that may have ended our happy playtime. At one stage Max ran out of the loungeroom into another room, and I waddled off after her. We had a great time.

I stayed up way past my bedtime, and when we finally said goodnight and bundled into the car, I was asleep before we had even backed out of the driveway!

I stayed asleep until 3, when I woke up with a huge cry. Dad tried to settle me down, but this was a job for mum. I settled about half an hour later, and they gave me some gum soothing gel, just in case it was a new tooth that caused my stress.

No comments:

My life in pictures