Saturday 2 August 2008

Like a grown up

Today I was practicing to be a grown up.

First I tried to put some deodorant on. Mum and I were in the bathroom, and I watched her very closely as she rolled it on, and when she put the bottle down, I picked it up, lifted up my arm and tried to copy what she did. It didn't work. The lid was on. And so were my clothes. But mum was impressed with my efforts, and it made both her and dad marvel at how quickly I learn.

Then I tried to dress myself. I found a shirt on the floor and decided I should be wearing it. I couldn't quite get it on, and after a couple of failed attempts of getting it over my head - I decided to play peek-a-boo with it instead.

Then I tried to help prepare tea by peeling an onion! Somehow I managed to get into the pantry when mum was cooking tea, and I made a beeline for the basket where the onions live. I peeled a bit, but didn't try to take a bite - just as well!

No comments:

My life in pictures