Wednesday 13 August 2008

Get a haircut

I got my hair cut today. It had been getting long, so mum bit the bullet and took me along to a hairdresser to get the job done properly*

We chose the establishment, not by reputation, but by the equipment they had; a baby chair and a DVD player with the Wiggles. Surely that would be better than sitting on mum's knee, and flicking through gossip magazines at her hairdresser.

Mum and dad gave strict instructions about what we wanted. "Not too short" they said...Which is what we got at the back - but the fringe was another story. You see, I got a bit a bit whingey and squirmy at the 3/4 mark - just before the fringe was about to be trimmed. So the hairdresser went for speed over quality, and we ended up with a sort of short bowlish cut...

Anyway, we can't complain too much, it was free, and I got a lollypop.

*The two attempts my parents had both ended up looking the opposite of good - the time dad cut it it was the opposite of straight, and the time mum tried she stabbed me with the scissors! Funny, I've never been allowed to mention that until now...

No comments:

My life in pictures