Monday 6 August 2007

Cradle cap and other funny hats

I've either got cradle cap or a bad case of dandruff.

Mum noticed it this morning. She remembered her mum, my grandma, used to comb uncle Michael's hair when he had it, and it seemed to go away. So she grabbed a comb and set about to get rid of the offending stuff. It didn't quite work as well as she hoped. Then she remembered there was a step before the combing, the application of some baby oil. Whoopseedaisy!

So she fixed it good and proper.

With a hat.

You know what they say, out of sight, out of mind, and we were going out to the coffee shop today, so I had to be looking presentable. You've seen the ads on telly, nobody likes dandruff!

So the moral of the story is, if you've got cradle cap, or a bad case of dandruff, and you leave out a few steps in the treatment of said problem, you need to get a different sort of cap, 'Tasmanian cap' (thanks Andrea!)

And for something totally different, I smiled at dad today with a smile he reckons looked just like the way Mummy B smiles. I guess seeing we're related it would make sense. And it's her birthday tomorrow, so happy birthday Mummy B, I'm smiling just like you!

3 comments:

Ben Tiller said...

I'm glad you've learned early on that a hat is the perfect cure for a bad hair day. (Or, as you get older like me, a not-much-hair-left day).

kmunik8au said...

We'd like to see a big picture of that Mummy B smile in our Inbox please. I'm guessing it's the tip'o'the tongue between the teeth thing you're referring to there. Hmmmm?

G3 said...

Oh, it was only a one-off smile, done especially for Mummy B's birthday, and there was nocamera in sight. It was a mischevious smile, the one Mummy B does when you know she's having a lend of you...

My life in pictures