Friday 3 August 2007

Moving out

I packed up my things and moved into my own room today.

I've been having little daytime 'familiarisation' sleeps in the cot dad and grandad made for me. These sleeps only last for half an hour, I always seem to wake up at that point and can't get myself back to sleep. I think I wake up and realise I'm not in my bassinet, and call out for mum to come and give me a reassuring cuddle.

But tonight's the night my room finally becomes my bedroom, and not just the change-room.

7:30pm; I had my final meal before bedtime

8:00; I settle down in the cot without too much fuss.

8:31; Still sleeping! Record broken.

10:00; I'm awake, but I'm keeping myself entertained with my hands. I'm slurping on my fingers. Dad's hovering outside, making sure everything's going alright during my first night in the cot...

10:27: I start to grizzle for a feed. Mum takes over.

11:07; Finished my feed. Still a bit unsettled. Enjoying the pick ups and cuddles. not so much a fan of being put back down in the cot. There's a lot of space to wave my arms about in there though!

1:30am; I wake up the neighbourhood with a very loud and very sad cry. Takes a long time for dad to settle me down. Mum comes in and decides to give me a 'comfort feed'.

2:30am; Mum gets me to settle.

5:30am; I wake up quite upset and this time there's not a lot of shushing or patting, just a quick trip into mum and dad's room and I spend the rest of the 'night' on mum's tummy, just where I like it!

Somewehere between 1:30 and 6am; Our computer dies spectacularly. Dad goes and gets the laptop to finish the blog.

First night verdict? 50/50 - It wasn't a complete disaster (except for the computer blowing up - but that had nothing to do with me) and we're hoping tomorrow will be even better...

No comments:

My life in pictures