Tuesday 21 August 2007

Storytime

Dad's started reading me stories before bed.

We tried to introduce stories a few weeks back, but I wasn't quite ready for books, and just spent the time squirming and whinging and looking at the window blinds.

Now I happily sit on dad's lap and listen to the stories.

We've started with my Beginner's Bible. Mum had one, and she was quite pleased to get one for me at the shops the other day. We've done Creation, the Fall, and Noah's Ark. Tomrrow's the Tower of Babel.

Mum's also gotten in on the story act and read me a book I was given all about sheep.

I guess later on I'll be grabbing at the pages and babbling along with the story, but for the time being I'm just learning the whole concept of 'books'. Dad says it's pretty cool to introduce me to stories, it's something that's been done for generations, and it's such an important learning and bonding tool.

And today's my hundredth day on the planet! Is there a special hundred day celebration? There should be. With cake.

No comments:

My life in pictures