Saturday 25 August 2007

Sleeping in the big bed


Dad's been explaining to me why I need my sleep.

He says I am a bit like his mobile phone. The battery runs down quickly, but it charges quickly too. I need my sleep to recharge after I've used up all my energy looking at the ceiling fans and discovering what my arms can do.

Unfortunately my daytime sleeping patterns are a little on the erratic side. And the short side too!

Over the months we've tried a few sleeping strategies, and even recommended some to other people, even ones we haven't quite gotten around to trying ourselves. I like any strategy, as long as it requires me getting out of the cot and into mum and dad's bed!

Now, we need to make it clear we're not hippies, we didn't have a lotus birth, we haven't hand made nappies from recycled car tyres, and the closest thing we've gotten to 'elimination communication' is laugh at farts. But mum and dad have been known to let me hop in bed after first breakfast. I'll often sleep for another three hours if I'm allowed to, and nobody argues with three extra hours sleep around here.

No comments:

My life in pictures