Friday 10 August 2007

How to win friends and alienate people

I visited dad at work today.

I smiled half the time. I cried half the time. So while half the people think we're best friends, the other half are wondering what they did wrong to make me wail.

I'll let you in on a secret, you're not really in control. We babies are. We'll cry when we feel like it and smile when we feel like it, and if the ceiling fan is more interesting than you, we'll smile at that instead!

I was actually a bit tired today, so my moods were as constant as the weather in Melbourne, but I did manage to charm everyone, except Nicole, who burst into the office to say hello to me for the first time, and managed to catch the tail end of a huge smile aimed at Trev, and the first breath of a red faced wail aimed right at her. Sorry Nicole, it wasn't personal.

Everyone at work, except maybe Nicole, was very impressed with my very loud set of lungs.

No comments:

My life in pictures