Tuesday 7 August 2007

Living life by the half hour

I've been in the cot for a few days now, but it seems I'd rather sleep anywhere but in there.

When mum puts me down into the cot during the daytime she can almost set her watch to my complaining half an hour later. After a few half hour sleeps I get quite zonked, and then start falling asleep wherever I find myself.

Today I slept in the hug-a-bub, mum's arms, the pram, dad's arms, my playmat and my vibrating chair thingy.

Dad got home to find me sprawled over mum, he took me and played the 'flying game' as he likes to call it (he lifts me over his head, I go completely rigid, and he says 'flyyyyyyyying baaaaaaabbbbbyyyyy' or does a rocket ship countdown and 'launches' me into space) and then plonked me on my playmat. I didn't play, I fell asleep. He picked me up again, we had a little talk, and then I fell asleep over his shoulder. He thought it was the perfect opportunity to let me have a little sleep in the cot. He was wrong. He wasn't out the door to my room when I started grizzling over being in the cot.

But it's only early days, I'm sure I'll get used to life between those white bars...And in the meantime mum and dad are quietly enjoying me sleeping in their arms.

No comments:

My life in pictures