Thursday 9 August 2007

Preemptive strike

For the last few days I've been freaking dad out with my early morning carry on.

I'll wake up, coo and ahhh for a few minutes, and then start to call out for a bit of company. If mum and dad don't make it to my room in the three or four seconds I give them, I'll go to town. It's a sight, and a sound, to behold. Remember the 'terribly sad cry' I told you about a few days ago? I'm bringing it out fairly regularly in the morning.

It's dad's job to do the first nappy change of the day, and usually by the time he's wiping my butt I'm in full swing. He doesn't like it.

Today he was ready. At the first hint of a sound coming through the baby monitor he dived out of bed, and ran to my room like the Flash. I was picked up, cuddled, plonked on the change table, and before I even knew what was going on, was changed and handed to mum for a feed before I could even let out a coo, let alone a big sad cry.

Dad 1, Big Sad Cry 0.

I wonder who'll score tomorrow....

No comments:

My life in pictures