Wednesday 15 August 2007

Hedgehogs help me sleep

My bedroom is really bright. Not because of the toys and the wall hangings, but because of the sun that streams through the window.

I've been having trouble sleeping in my room, and after the trip to grandma and grandad's house, and my huge sleep in their room (which only has a small window), mum and dad decided to try 'darkening up' mine.

Dad found some curtain material at Spotlight, sewed it together to make a big 'sun blockout device' and attached it to the window. Calling it a curtain would insult curtain builders, but it does the job.

The material has hedgehogs and lady beetles and butterflies and bunnies on it and the sun still peeks through behind it, making it look sort of like an illuminated fish tank. But hedgehogs and lady beetles and butterflies and bunnies don't swim, as far as I know.

Anyway, after the installation of the 'sun blockout device' I slept for two full hours, and that's a lot more than I've been getting lately. Eight dollars well spent! When I woke up I was a very happy baby. And that meant we had a happy household.

No comments:

My life in pictures