Tuesday 23 October 2007

Camping at home

Mum and dad actually woke up earlier than I did today. They were busy packing at 6 o'clock. I woke up at a respectable 8 o’clock. The truck arrived at 9 o’clock.

The the day consisted of me being carted around from room to room, as others were packed and cleaned.

I started the day in the kitchen watching mum clean out the fridge.

Then I spent an hour in the lounge room on my mat watching furniture and boxes leave the house.

At 11 mum put me in the bathroom as she cleaned out the bathroom cupboards. I was so sleepy I nodded off all by myself. That hardly ever happens.

By lunchtime the truck was almost fully loaded, so I went out and had a look at all the excitement. Since I was the only one not carrying boxes, I must have been in charge!

Dad was very impressed with the way I handled myself today. Sometimes I have days where I need to be cuddled and taken for walks constantly. But not today. And everyone was greatful for that.

After the truck left we were all so tired the whole family fell asleep on the floor in my room. Dad wasn't feeling very well, so mum and I jumped in the car and got some fish and chips for tea.

We ate on the floor, we slept on the floor. Just like camping. But at home.

No comments:

My life in pictures