Friday 19 October 2007

Where's mum?

Don't get me wrong, I love spending time with dad.

We play air guitar, we lie on the couch watching telly, we play on the mat. We do all sorts of fun things.

In the early days of our AM/PM shifts, dad would soothe me back to sleep if I woke up around 10:20. Actually, it wasn't 'around' 10:20 - it was 10:20, every night!

But lately I haven't settled at all. And dad has had to call in reinforcements...

Last night dad was determined to do the job all by himself. I woke up. I cried. He came in to help. 50 minutes later I was still wailing. That's a long time, especially if a baby is yelling in your ear. If there are seven dog years for every human year, then every minute a baby cries surely equals ten peaceful ones. Maybe more.

Mum eventually appeared. She was trying to get a bit of extra sleep, but decided to rescue dad. And me too!

As soon as dad handed me over I stopped crying, heaved a loud sigh of relief and fell asleep on mum's shoulder. Dad's sigh was not one of relief!

When we woke up this morning I was all smiles, and happily played with dad on the mat.

No comments:

My life in pictures