Monday 15 October 2007

Funny faces

Mum made me laugh today. Not by blowing on my tummy or sneezing or saying boo, she puffed out her cheeks like a funny monkey. And I laughed. And laughed.

I also slept and slept last night. Seven hours in a row!

Mum says there's no rhyme or reason to my sleeping patterns. But she was very happy with last night's effort.

Everyone's hoping I can make it through tonight, even if our nightly ritual was a bit different than usual; we had to give the baby bath stand back, it was on loan, and seeing we're moving we can't really take it with us, so instead of me having a bath on the floor mum let me have a shower with her. She and dad think the way I screw up my face and shut my eyes when the water goes over my head is rather cute. I'm sure they dunked me a few extra times than I really needed!

The shower didn't last that long, and even though I was in a happy mood when I got my jammies on, I wasn't in much of a mood for a story or a prayer like we usually do. Dad had to deliver a very speedy one ,'bless everyone in the family and help us find a new home, amen' - that was some kind of prayer-speed record. We usually have time to mention everyone in the immediate and extended families by name - and the sponsor kids, and friends, and thank God for all the blessings we have like jobs and clothes and cars. But tonight was a quick one.

I was howling by the time mum came to give me my last feed (hopefully) of the day...

No comments:

My life in pictures