Sunday 28 October 2007

How to impress mum and dad at church

New town. New church.

Apart from my very first trip, we've always been quite confortable as a family heading off to church. I've bee pretty relaxed, and apart from the odd well timed 'laaaaa', usually during a quiet prayer time, or just when the preacher pauses for dramatic effect, I've been a model citizen.

Today I gave the perfect example of how a baby should behave.

I was cute, quiet, and didn't get fidgity until the very end of the service.

Mum and dad were prepared. They did a 'rekky' - charting the best course from our seat (in the back corner) for the creche and figuring out where the closest exits were for a quick, and silent getaway. But we didn't need any of that. I actually fell asleep in mum's arms during the sermon. It's a habit mum and dad hope I keep up. Not sleeping in the sermon, but in mum's arms - especially without a feed-song-rocking-patting routine. Praise the Lord!

No comments:

My life in pictures