Sunday 7 October 2007

Gentlemen, start your engines

It's a big day at Long Lived Rock HQ.

My first Bathurst race.

Dad told me that this was a historic occassion, and that we'll plonk ourselves in front of the telly at this time every year. He says he remembers watching the race with his dad, and just like the first time he read me a story, dad felt a real sense of 'fatherhood' when we settled on the couch to watch the start of the race.

I got dressed in my race suit (which fits properly now, unfortunately it's a bit on the warm side - maybe we should have actually gone to Bathurst!)

I handled myself quite well I thought, considering that yesterday I got a little bit of a fright when mum and dad cheered on their favourite cars during qualifying. They made sure the cheering was on the subdued side for the start of the race.

I didn't have the stamina to watch the whole 161 laps, but kept up to date with the race during the day. I had a snooze in the afternoon, and I think I caught dad having a bit of shut-eye too.

By tea time the race was over, the cars were being hoistered onto the trucks, and I was being hoistered into the bath. A quick feed and a story later, everything was back to normal.

No comments:

My life in pictures