Wednesday 10 October 2007

Sleepless

Today is my 150th day on the planet. To celebrate, I decided to enjoy as much of the day awake as possible. If yesterday was the 'director's special extended edition' sleep, today's effort was about as long as the trailers you see before the movie.

And you guessed it, I was grumpy from morning tea onwards.

Dad's been home this week to pack boxes, but there wasn't much packing done today. Just lots of pacing back and forth and shushing, and comfort feeds, and more shushing, and finally a 'please go to sleep' car ride. Even the gentle rumble of the car couldn't send me into a deep enough sleep.

Mum wonders if my grumpiness is because of teething, and keeps shining a torch in my mouth to inspect my gums. Nothing is showing yet. But the cries sure are.

No comments:

My life in pictures