Wednesday 24 October 2007

Emergency kit

Dad was supposed to go and meet the truck at the storage centre, but he was sick. So mum woke me up, got me dressed, and gave me a 20 minute powerfeed before we hit the road.

I had a case of the sads when we arrived but grandma was there to give me a big cuddle, and after mum gave me a feed I was whisked off to her house to hang out in my chair while mum directed furniture traffic.

When that was all done we had a quick trip to the new house to drop off a few essentials.

A few hours later we were back at the old house. Dad was feeling a bit better, and when it came time for bed mum made an interesting discovery; the load of essentials sent to the new house included all my nappies!

Fortunately mum had packed an emergency kit before I was born, and it was sitting in the boot of the car, for days just like this. It had 3 nappies in it. All newborn size! That's what you get when you pack the kit before the baby's born! Fortunately, the good thing about being skinny is that those little nappies still sort of fit, and cover all the important bits. We all had a good laugh. And breathed a sigh of relief when I decided not to do a power-poo.

No comments:

My life in pictures