Sunday 6 April 2008

Defence substitution

Mum is the last line of defence in out household. Dad does what he can with me, but if it all gets a bit too crazy, mum is always there to save the day.

But this afternoon mum got sick, and so dad had to take over the reins.

He and I played and read stories, and then he gave me my bottle to help me fall asleep, then another bottle because I sucked the first one down so fast that I was still wide awake. The second one almost did the trick, and after a walk around and a lie down on the couch I finally fell asleep much to dad's relief. He says he stills finds it a huge accomplishment to send me to sleep. When he sees my little eyes close and when my head hits the pillow (and stays there) he says it's like kicking a goal.

No comments:

My life in pictures