Monday 21 April 2008

Twenty 20 cricket saved our night

I had a bit of trouble sleeping tonight.

We're still blaming the prune juice. One of mum's friends told her it's full of sugar, and even though it helps make poos soft, it helps give you gas and an upset tummy. So....no more prune juice for me.

Our usual trick for a restless night starts with a cuddle and a walk around the room. Sometimes that's enough, and I'll sleep the rest of the night. It didn't work tonight. Then, we'll try having a cuddle with mum in bed. It didn't work. Then, a quick feed in bed to help me drift off back to sleep. It almost always works. It didn't tonight. The final straw usually involves me and dad and the loungeroom couch. It didn't work. Dad got very tired walking me around the loungeroom. He remembered that Isometimes quieten down if there's something to watch on the telly. I don't watch much telly, but desperate measures...

So dad turned it on, loaded up the video with the previous night's 20/20 cricket match and we lay on the couch at 3am watching sport. I eventually drifted off to sleep, but woke up with a jolt when the video stoped playing and started to rewind at the end of the tape. A great reason to buy a hard disc recorder!

No comments:

My life in pictures