Wednesday 2 April 2008

Timing the wave

I'm starting to wave in context.

Ever since I figured out how to wave I'd wave at everyone and everything. People, trees, cars, power poles, I'd wave to them all. But sometimes my timing would be way off. Someone would wave goodbye to me, and I'd sit sit for a while, usually until they'd gone, and then I'd vigourously wave to where they were standing before they walked away.

But today I got my timing and the context right.

I waved to the swimming teacher, and I waved as dad drove to work. He was very proud, but it also made him sad that he had to leave, when he saw me wave he wanted to turn the car around and just hang out with me all day.

He's been trying to get me to do some high-fives. I don't know if I'm really understanding the whole high-five concept yet. But I often laugh when he slaps my palm with his and says 'high five'. It's a cross between a clap and a wave, two of my most favourite new skills.

No comments:

My life in pictures