Thursday 10 April 2008

It don't mean a thing, if it aint got that swing

Dad and I spent the day together.

We headed up to the new house to supervise the new kitchen going in. We circulated between the kitchen and the backyard, keeping out of the road of the workmen, but keeping an eye on them to make sure they did everything right.

After a couple of hours dad said that it wasn't fair for me to be 'working' all day so we jumped in the car and went on a search. Dad said it would be worth it. He finally found what he was looking for. A swing! With a 'seatbelt' for little people.

He strapped me in and gave me a little push.

Weeeee!

I laughed. Dad laughed too, and was happy we shared another first.

He pushed me a little higher, and I kept laughing, so he pushed me a bit higher and I looked a bit concerned. He slowed it down and the smile returned.

After we had our fill of the swing we noticed a flock of galahs feeding under a big tree. We walked over to them and one flew away, I found the flying quite fascinating. So dad picked up the pace, and ran straight towards the other birds. They all flew away. I thought it was great.

We went back to the house and found the builders had messed up while we out, but dad said we can fix their mistake, and that playing in the park was much more important.

No comments:

My life in pictures