Sunday 27 April 2008

Eating with the grown ups

I've eaten at the table for a while now - my little high chair pulled up next to mum or dad, but today was the first time I've eaten the same thing as the adults were eating.

Tuna Mornay and rice.

It took me a while to get the hang of it. The look on my face after the first bite was something along the lines of I'm thinking of spitting this out' - but I didn't, and after the third mouthful I was fine.

I think we ended up eating the same food because yesterday when we went shopping dad grabbed a few cans of baby food. We like to have a few cans of food in case we run out of my homemade meals (not the breastmilk - it's hard to run out of that!). Dad noticed there were lots of cans we hadn't tried. Cans with age limits much closer to mine. They'd still been getting me the 6 month cans and there are cans for 10 month olds. We got one, opened it up, and saw it looked pretty much like a sloppy version of a meal mum would make.

No comments:

My life in pictures