Saturday 12 April 2008

Get me out of the car

We drove to the big smoke today to get some lights and towel rails for the new house. This doesn't sound too exciting, but I did enjoy watching all the people and looking at new things.

I did not enjoy riding in the car.

In the olden days I would fall asleep five minutes into a trip and stay asleep until we got to the city. Today I waited five minutes, and seeing it didn't look like we were going to stop I wailed. And wailed. It made for a very sad, and very long, and very loud trip.

When we arrived, mum took me out of my carseat and gave me a hug. I smiled.

I ate a piece of watermelon at Ikea. It took me ages to finish it. Everyone laughed as I swished it from one side of my mouth to the other.

After buying the lights and towel rails we loaded up the car and headed home. I waited five minutes. I cried. And cried. We stopped at a service station to make sure everything was ok, and I stopped crying immediately. In hindsight it was probably a bit too early. Definately too early to flash a couple of smiles. As soon as those smiles were made public mum and dad knew it wasn't an emergency after all. Mum explained that we can't not get in the car because that would mean living at the service station. So we all climbed in and headed off again. I waited five minutes. I cried. I stopped when we got home.

No comments:

My life in pictures