Sunday 6 January 2008

The grass is always greener

I played on the grass for the very first time today. Sure, I've been outside before, but I've always sat on a rug or picnic blanket, but today dad plonked me on the grass to have a bit of a play in the yard.

Dad inspected the yard for ants and other nastys and found a nice soft patch of grass for me to sit on. I sat happily for ages, inspecting the grass, and pulling at it. It was nice outside, so we got the picnic rug a bit later on and I had a marvellous time playing with the plastic cups.

We went out for tea tonight, and instead of falling asleep on mum's shoulder, as I usually do, I stayed awake the whole time - probably the longest I've ever stayed awake. I started the night in my usual gung-ho manner - smiling and joining in the conversations. As it got late, I quietened down, - dad says it was like my own 'standby mode'! I had a big sleep this afternoon ,and that might have been the reason for my extended awake time - and mum and dad look forward to me having a big sleep right through the night...

No comments:

My life in pictures