Sunday 27 January 2008

Watermelon dummy

We woke up early, got in our fancy duds and headed down the hill to the church for the Christening.

It's the first time I've met my second cousin Rupert. He's pretty cool. Always smiling. They call him 'Roo' for short. I don't really have a nickname yet. We both were on our best behaviour during the service. We had a barbecue at Rupert's place afterwards, took lots of family photos and then headed back up the hill for another barbecue.

I had a good sleep in the car and was really hungry when it came time for tea. I ate all the food mum brought, and was still hungry, so I cried. And cried. A lot. There were lots of people around, so mum grabbed the closest bit of baby-friendly food on the table; a wedge of watermelon, and shoved it in my mouth! It quietened me down, and I seemed to really like it. Like a cold, fruity, soft rusk.

No comments:

My life in pictures