Sunday 6 January 2008

Grizzle guts

"and mum and dad look forward to me having a big sleep right through the night..."

That's what most people would do if they were really tired. Not me, I woke up numerous times during the night - both mum and dad had tries getting me back to sleep. I ended up sleeping on dad's tummy for a couple of hours before being rolled very gently between him and mum at around 3am. I woke up as bleary eyed as mum and dad a few hours later.

After a pleasant enough breakfast things soon took a turn for the worse. I was still tired, and my mood swung quite erratically between big laughs to even bigger cries. I didn't want to play by myself at all. I didn't want to sit down on the couch with mum or dad. My plan was to be cuddled all day. And even when I was safe in mum's arms I still whinged a bit too much. My two daytime sleeps were very short too. I found it hard to sit up properly in the bath this afternoon, I was just zonked out. Dad explained the importance of sleep but I was in no mood for lying still.

I did manage to gnaw a rusk to bits this afternoon. My first teeth must just be around the corner, and that might be one of the reasons I'm a bit edgy. Mum put me to bed a little earlier than normal tonight and promises that this week, being the week dad goes back to work - the start of his working year - will be the week my routine is firmly established.

No comments:

My life in pictures