Friday 21 March 2008

Good grief, I made a baby cry on Good Friday

It's a big weekend for our family. It's Easter. We've got lots of relatives coming to visit, and we've got a big music festival in town.

In preparation for the festival mum got me a pair of baby headphones for the loud concerts. Mum and dad didn't want my little ears blasted from the loud rock and roll. The headphones are the same as Apple Martin wore watching her dad's band play at a big festival - if they're good enough for a rockstar's baby, they're good enough for us.

We went to a Good Friday service, and I got a little squirmy so mum took me out to the parent's room. Belinda and her baby Zara were out there, and I got a little too excited to see Zara and grabbed her face. She did not approve. She cried. A lot. Mum felt terrible. She and dad talked afterwards about how and when we are going to approach discipline. Not that I was being naughty today, but it got them thinking...I already know the green cord is off limits, and I remember it 80% of the time...So learning how to play gently is my next lesson.

We went to the park tonight for a big concert. I wore the headphones, teamed with my new multicoloured 'hoodie', and had a great time.

No comments:

My life in pictures