Wednesday 5 March 2008

The record breaking sleeping run is over

I slept through the night, not once, not twice, but seven nights in a row! Mum and dad have been very proud, and relieved. It's always a little annoying for us three to hear people say 'oh, my baby took three weeks to sleep through the night - those three weeks were terrible'. Three weeks? Try nine months, and then come and talk to us!

But the record run finished last night.

I went to bed a little late and woke woke up crying soon after. Dad instinctively got out of bed, got me out of my grobag, handed me to mum for my first-breakfast feed, and looked at the clock to find it was only half past twelve! I didn't settle down at all, I squirmed for an hour or two, and so after my feed dad and I went back to our old couch-sitting ways until daybreak.

I ended up having a really good day. Swimming was fantastic. And I practiced my 'waving'. And played with my tennis ball. And had a two-and-a-half hour daytime sleep.

Dad's hoping tonight I'll start another record sleeping run...

No comments:

My life in pictures