Saturday 23 February 2008

Beach bum

We went to the beach today. I played in the sand for the first time. And I splashed in the ocean for the first time too. We watched the surfing competition at Coolangatta and I got lots and lots of smiles and hellos from the people on the beach.

After the surfing it was time for lunch, we sat out the hottest part of the day inside, and when the sun lost it's sting, we headed out for a bit of swimming and 'sand familiarisation'. I was a little hesitant at first, and and preferred cuddles over sitting on the beach. But after mum showed me what you can do with sand, I was set. I sat and played for ages. It was fun.

Then we went a bit closer to the water and I sat just close enough to catch the tail end of the waves. It was a bit colder than the pool we have my swimming lessons in, so I was a bit shocked, but I didn't cry. I got a bit of a fright when dad took me in a bit deeper (as deep as his knees!). He'd lower me down, and as the waves came in lift me just in time. I quickly got used to the ebb and flow of the surf.

No comments:

My life in pictures