Saturday 16 February 2008

Fever

I had a fever last night. It kept us all up.

At one stage my temperature got to 39.4, which is quite high, but not quite 'rush to the hospital' high. Mum did call the health help line and they were very helpful - said to keep an eye on me and give me some panadol and strip me down. I stayed awake most of the night, and my preferred place was snacking with mum. I must have drunk a couple of litres, because I had some heavy nappies.

I eventually cooled down and managed to get a couple of hours sleep with dad on the couch in the loungeroom, while mum got some much needed rest.

When the sun came up we went to the doctor, and wouldn't you know, I perked up just as we arrived! I flashed smiles to the receptionist, but there was no hiding my runny nose and watery eyes. I spent most of the examination trying to grab hold of the doctor's stethescope, and the thing he used to check my ears. I passed the exam, got sent home, and spent the rest of the day in a happy, yet still sniffly mood.

No comments:

My life in pictures