Monday 11 February 2008

Secondhand dreaming

I scored my first load of hand-me-downs today. Yay!

We were starting to wonder if I'd ever get some second-hand clothes.

One of the ladies at dad's work has a big family, and seeing their youngest is now two, they don't have much need for size zero onesies anymore, so I got them. There was a funny conversation at work the other day centering on hand-me-down etiquette. How do you ask someone if they might be interested in your kid's old clothes? Is it the done thing anymore? The consensus was 'yes'.

Dad says he remembers getting clothes from his cousin when he was little - he thought they were cooler than brand new clothes from the shops.

So I'll be strutting my stuff in some new/old clothes soon - there is a big warm jacket which will come in very handy for winter.

Speaking of hand me downs, I do have a pile of clothes somewhere waiting for a littlier friend to give to. Some of my clothes mum and dad are keeping, in case they might need them for another G baby in the future, or just because they're special. But there's always a few that fall into the 'offload' pile. I'm still smaller than my younger second cousin Rupert, so I don't think I'll be offloading anything to him in the near future. I've got to grow fast. Or get more cousins! But they're not getting my Ralph shirt!

No comments:

My life in pictures