Tuesday 19 February 2008

Discovery channel

I packed in so much today, it's no wonder I fell asleep with relative ease after tea.

Mum was working in the kitchen, and I got a bit bored sitting on my playmat. She moved me into the dining room with my firetruck. I decided that my new skill of crawling (which I've only done every now and then - and never really on purpose) could be used for boredom busting! I made a beeline for the oven and plonked my hand right on top of the sticker that says 'caution: hot surface'! I mean, come on, it's bright yellow! If they didn't want kids to touch it, you'd think they'd make it a boring looking sticker! The oven wasn't on. Mum wouldn't have had me in the kitchen if it was. Just thought I better clarify that. But one thing we've decided, our new house is definately going to have a wall mounted oven. Out of reach of warning sticker seeking babies.

After the oven, I discovered the shiny handles of the pot drawer. And I figured out how to pull it open! And close it too. It was great fun pushing and pulling the drawer open and shut. This game finished abruptly when I clonked myself in the head with the drawer. Ow!

When dad got home I was sitting in the kitchen next to my firetruck. In the spirit of discovery, I spontaneously started to roll the truck back and forth. First time! Dad grabbed the camera and filmed it for your pleasure;



Note my brand new 'grin' at the 6 second mark. I've been doing it for a few days, but up until now it has been impossible to catch on camera. Dad reckon's it's a 'thinking grimace' - I do it when I'm concentrating. It's not as cute as my proper grin, but it does the job when I'm going for 'serious'.

If that's not enough discovering for one day, I stood up in the bath. And I'm talking standing up. Properly. Holding onto the side of the bath. I couldn't get down though. That's a discovery for another day.

No comments:

My life in pictures