Friday 22 February 2008

Forget the green cables, that's a green ant!

I had my first encounter with a green ant today.

I was supposed to be sitting on a towel while dad was gardening, but I was more interested in crawling around the garden, and playing with the grass. That's all very well and good in most yards, but there's a few green ant hills in this yard, and as soon as dad noticed me in the wilds of green, he zoomed over to make sure everythnig was ok. Everything was not ok, he saw a black fleck on my toe, and sure enough it was a green ant. I was busy banging my foot on the grass, and he was worried I was in the process of really peeving off the ant. Dad grabbed my foot, and in one quick move flicked and squsihed the ant. He was worried with all my foot banging the ant may have bitten me, but I happily turned around and got on with my mission to crawl around the yard. Bite and tears avoided. Phew. Mum put a stop to my exploring, she picked me up and I spent the rest of the gardening time safely in her arms.

Dad said to mum that like most kids, I'll probably have more encounters with ants and bugs, but hopefully will learn to give the ones with bug ugly green heads a wide berth.

No comments:

My life in pictures