Thursday 21 February 2008

Don't touch the green cable

Since I became properly mobile, mum and dad have been busy trying to keep up with me and, most importantly, trying to help me distinguish between the things I'm allowed to play with and the things I'm not. Every day the battle lines are drawn over the bright green modem cable which is conveniently located within my grasp. Every time I reach for it, Mum responds with a sharp 'no'. I pull my hand back but then a minute later, try again. And so it goes on and on.

Mum and dad are pretty sure I know what 'no' means but I still like to test the boundaries. After all, isn't that what being a small boy is all about? They are pretty impressed that I listen to them and not touch the things they tell me not to.

I had my second swimming lesson in two days today, and this time dad came along to help out. Mum was with me in the water, but I kept my eyes fixed on dad at the side of the pool. He watched as I discovered I could hold onto the bar at the side of the pool, and keep my head above the water, all by myself! Look out, 'advanced toddlers' here I come!

No comments:

My life in pictures