Monday 4 February 2008

Crawler

I started crawling today. You can call me Mr Mobile.

Mum has been putting toys just out of my reach for a while, to encourage me to get moving. I've been showing pre-crawl signs for a few weeks, but I found all the moves a little too hard to put together. It was mum's car keys that proved the motivation I needed.

My arm movements are classic crawl, but I shuffle/drag my legs behind. It works. Most of the time. I still go backwards sometimes.

This afternoon Mum realised what having me mobile would mean. She popped me down on the floor to play with my toys while she was surfing the web. But I thought it was much more fun to play with the laptop cord! And while putting it out of my reach might have worked yesterday, it wasn't going to work today!

Mum and I went to Ikea today, and Mum let me sample her chocolate mousse. Which is lucky for me, dad's been trying to give me some coke for the last few weeks but mum says 'no'! I think she let her guard down because of my new crawling skills. I got the mousse all over my disposable bib and my hands and my mouth - and Mum's shirt! I wasn't sure what to make of my first taste of chocolate but it only took two spoonfuls for me to decide that chocolate is where it's at! Mum told me to savour the taste because it'll probably be another two years before I get to try my third spoonful!

No comments:

My life in pictures