Sunday 10 February 2008

The case of the upset baby and the orange earphones

I'm unsettled.

I don't know if it's because I'm back in my proper cot, or a new tooth coming through, or just one of those weekends, but I haven't been my jovial self.

We went out for lunch and I played by myself for a good while, and then fell asleep on dad's shoulder while he was eating dessert. Two things I don't usually do. I'm usually busy taking to all the people, and trying to grab the food on the table!

Tonight, when it was time to go to sleep, I stayed awake for a long time. I let out all sorts of blood curdling cries. Some really high pitched squeals too. I save the squeals for extra special (ie grumpy) days.

Mum and dad both tried to settle me. Singing songs. Rocking. Pacing. Shushing. I tried too, pulling out my 'soothing gurgles', but they didn't help much.

I cried so loudly that dad says he could feel his ears rattling around his head. So he asked mum to get the earphones he wears when he mows the lawn. It made things a lot more bearable for him. And funny for me. I stopped crying and started staring. I've never been put to sleep by bright orange earphones before.

I eventually fell asleep, but mum and dad wish they knew what was wrong. If I could only tell them.

No comments:

My life in pictures