Wednesday 27 June 2007

5/40

Today I saw the paediatrician for the first time since I was born.

Mum and dad were hoping my weight was acceptable and with my recent tummy troubles thought there might be a few issues we needed to sort out. We were all given a clean bill of health! The doctor told us not to worry about Mylanta or wind drops, and that I'll get over the refluxy symptoms when I'm good and ready.

Mum was very impressed when I didn't do a wee on the examination table - I was lying completely starkers while the doctor poked and prodded me everywhere, and I mean everywhere! I was happy to see a light on the ceiling, and fixed my gaze on it as the doctor did his thing. The good thing about being into lights is that you can find them everywhere!

Here's the stats that matter;

Weight: 5th percentile
Height: 40th percentile

That means I'm officially long and skinny! The doctor isn't worried, says I should have a weigh-in every week, and that I'm prone to getting hungry.

Next time I see a doctor it'll be for my first round of immunisations, and mum says that'll be a job for dad.

No comments:

My life in pictures