Wednesday 6 June 2007

Raindrops did fall on my head

There was an unfamiliar sound on the roof this morning.

Rain.

Dad and I went outside and inspected it. He explained the rain came from clouds, and makes the grass grow and that means he has to get the lawn mower and cut the grass and that I'll appreciate it when I start to run around a freshly cut lawn.

We did lean out from under the patio roof for a few seconds when mum wasn't looking and I got a few spots on my face. I blinked in surprise, but didn't cry.

I've developed a bit of a habit of sleeping on the job. I really only have one job, and that's to bulk up, especially as I arrived on the scene a little light. But halfway through feeds I'm nodding off, and need a bit of a prod to keep going. Just as well I'm not eating soup! I've ditched my regular daytime sleeps, which means mum hasn't been able to get any rest. It's been a tough couple of days for mum, I've slept on and off in her arms, but everytime I go down into my bassinet, I whinge. At least on the days I've been grumpy I've slept well at night. Dad says that's a very good thing because otherwise our house would resemble one of those crazy haunted ones you see down sideshow alley complete with bloodshot-eyed, zombie creatures roaming about in a daze.

No comments:

My life in pictures