Thursday 7 June 2007

In the nick of time

Mood: Irritable
Maybe it had something to do with the weather, or maybe it had something to do with mum mentioning the dreaded 'f' word (formula). Whatever it was worked, because I impressed the hard old nurses at the weigh station with a 290g addition to my manly frame. I am now weighing in at a quite respectable 3340 grams. Yes, I am very well aware some babies are born bigger than I am after three and a bit weeks, but hey, we're all different, and I'm in no rush to don one of those sumo wrestler nappy things*.

I've continued my growth spurt. Mum reckons if I stretch out my arms and legs at the same time I can touch both ends of my bassinet. Looks like dad will need to build my cot sooner rather than later. I hope grandad is plannning a trip down here soon, cause I'm not too confident in dad's ability to build me my sleeping recepticle all by himself!

Because I've ditched my daily sleeps mum hasn't had a free moment to herself lately, she has a list of things to do which includes 'write thank you cards'. So if you've sent me something and haven't been given a proper thank-you, rest assured there is a list with your name on it and card waiting with a stamp...If I don't sleep tomorrow it looks like dad might get the gig over the weekend, so watch those mailboxes early next week.

* It's really called a mawashi, but it looks like a nappy to me, and trust me, I know nappies!

No comments:

My life in pictures