Tuesday 5 June 2007

Movin' on up


Another milestone!

I've outgrown my first piece of clothing.

Less than twenty four hours after writing about my vespa dog suit, I tried it on this morning, and I couldn't fit my legs in. This makes me happy I'm growing, but sad I won't be able to wear those duds anymore.

Rest in peace Vespa dog!


I'm not so sure the nurse at the weigh-station will be all that impressed. I was born long and skinny (wonder where I got that from!) and now I'm getting longer, but not fatter. And I've been in trouble before for not putting on a lot of weight. It's a bit silly really, mum gets quite upset when the nurse grumbles about me not being heavy enough, and that makes mum feel like a neglectful mother. Can't the nurse see I'm growing up before I grow out? And has she ever taken a look at dad who never grew out?

Anyway, all of that must have been on my mind today because I didn't manage to get much sleep, which meant mum didn't get much sleep. Everyone was grumpy when dad got home. So I had a feed, and mum plonked me in the hug-a-bub and I fell off to sleep, but as soon as she pulled me out I carried on as if I was being born all over again! More grumpiness. Dad sat me down and we listened to a bit of music, but even that couldn't soothe away my grumps. The pediatrician said babies my age can be moody up until six weeks - so I'm halfway there. Hope we all make it!

No comments:

My life in pictures