Sunday 3 June 2007

Four wheelin'

Mum, dad and I went to the park today. They decided it was about time I saw the world outside, and I think they were itching to go for a walk themselves, like they used to before I took over the household three weeks ago.

I saw some trees and met a couple of lorikeets eating nectar from grevillea flowers. A few fish splashed about in the canal and gave us a bit of a fright (gave dad a fright, I should say, I played it cool)

I seem to enjoy my pram, the only other time I'd ever ridden in it was to and from the car on our first trip to church. Today we went a lot further, and over a lot more bumps! It's a four wheeler. Now, you see a lot of three wheeler prams about these days. Jogger prams they call them. But we've never seen anyone actually jogging with them. Sort of like 4WD cars in the city, you can go off road in them, but who does? But if four wheels are good enough for formula one cars, they are good enough for me.

Dad took pram buying seriously. He spent time on messageboards, kicked a lot of (small) tyres. He didn't want an ugly pram. But we couldn't really justify getting the Mercedes of prams, a bugaboo. We ended up with a middle-of-the-road model. It goes well, and went fast for a few brief seconds before dad got scolded! One day we'll go out without mum, and we'll go fast! Zoom zoom!

No comments:

My life in pictures