Saturday 9 June 2007

You want to collect my what?

Because of my carry on this week, mum talked to the paediatrician and he's going to take a look at my wee and see if it tells him anything. They want to rule out a urinary tract infection.

That means dad had to collect some. Now, it’s tricky enough collecting your own in the little jar they give you. Collecting it from someone else, who happens to be tiny, can't control himself, and can't let you know when he needs to go makes for a very interesting morning!

The first opportunity to get it this morning in the wee (ha ha ha) small hours was missed, because mum had the jar in one room, and I was busy relieving myself in a different room, and I wasn't planning on holding on until dad found it. So we had to try a couple of hours later.

I hear some babies enjoy 'free time' on their change table without their nappy on. Not me. I can’t see any fun in lying on a table in the nude on a cold winter day, mum hovering above me with a specimen jar. They tried all sorts of things to make me wee on command. Nothing worked. I wee when I'm good and ready.

So just as mum decided we’d try again a bit later, I felt relaxed enough to go.

Success!

All of this business obviously got me thinking, so I've been on my best behaviour today. I've fed when I've been supposed to, and slept as well. Hopefully my wee is bevahing itself and it, and I, will get the doctor's seal of approval.

No comments:

My life in pictures