Wednesday 13 June 2007

Sharing wisdom

"Oh, he's so little"

I'm getting used to hearing that. Today it was from a lady mum and I went to visit. She's from church and has her own informal mum's club. She and mum talked about all sorts of baby related things, and after a long morning of talking and consulting books, mum came away armed with a few new techniques for dealing with me and my many moods.

Mum said it was encouraging to talk to another young mum, and found out she's not the only one who feels as if she's having to figure it all out one day at a time. It's good to know there's always people to help and lend an ear, and a friendly word of advice.

We got the news of another family baby today. Dad's cousin and his wife had a baby girl. She was huge! Announced at 8 pounds 13. I have no idea what that is in proper measurements, but even I know it's a lot more than my launch weight of six-and-a-bit pounds. In fact, I don't even know if I've hit that weight after almost a month! Goodness me. So much for providing hand-me-downs!

No comments:

My life in pictures