Sunday 10 June 2007

Barbecues and blackholes

I went to my first barbecue today.

Mum was a little apprehensive at first, and she had good reason to be, I haven't been a picture of serenity this past week, but today I was in a mood fit for royalty, and charmed everyone I met.

Mum talked to a couple of different mums and they offered her lots of encouragement, and even some advice. That might sound stange, but in my four weeks of living we've discovered advice can sometimes come in quite unencouraging ways.

Dad has come to the conclusion that everyone knows 'everything' when it comes to babies, and will certainly let you know what you're doing wrong. He says it's amazing what people will say you should and shouldn't do.

If we took all the advice we've been given, because it's often contradictory, we'd probably open up some kind of weird blackhole and get sucked into it!

Anyway, the barbecue was good, I slept most of the time in mum's arms after being put in my travel bassinet in the study for a few minutes. Maybe it was too quiet in there for me to get to sleep because I got a bit whingy and poor old dad thought it was going to be the shortest visit in history (remember our first trip to church?), but when I came out to where all the adults were I slept in mums arms for hours. I guess I like to be where the action is. And close to mum!

No comments:

My life in pictures