Sunday 24 June 2007

Farty pizza milk

If I dreamt last night it was probably about milk. You see, I had my first 'dream feed'. Mum has a book that recommends giving a baby a feed during the night while the baby is still sleepy, it's supposed to help me, it could have been better...

In classic Long Lived Rock Headquarters fashion we managed to mess up the fine details of the dream feed plan, it's either supposed to be in the place of the regular feed, or in addition to the regular feed, I can't remember, I was asleep after all! Anyway, whatever the plan is, we did the opposite, and so I woke up and was grumpy and took a long time to settle - all things the dream feed is supposed to stop!

Dad was on baby watch last night, and after the dream feed episode was happy to focus on something else. My gassy butt. Usually if I have a bit of wind or gas I'll screw up my face and kick up my legs and whinge and carry on like the sky is falling, but last night was different. I grunted a lot, squirmed around in silence, and let out amazing noises from my nappy. Think foghorn. Everything would go quiet for a few minutes, and then it would start all over again. Dad had to keep his laughter in check, but seeing I wasn't showing any sign of discomfort, the only thing he was worried aobut was me waking mum with my loud bum.

Some say it's an old wives tale, but if certain foods give grown ups gas, maybe it can be passed onto my milk, and if that happened I'm blaming the super cheesy tomato pizza mum ate last night!

No comments:

My life in pictures